Monday, November 24, 2008

Claudine Longet



A few years back, I found all Claudine's albums on CD in the bargain basement of Berwick Street Record and Tape Exchange. At the time, I know nothing about her, but I was taken by the cover designs, particularly the Princess-Leia-gone-awry cover of Colours. A little online digging convinced me that I should buy them. Inevitably, they'd all gone by the time I returned.

I've been making up for that oversight ever since. Last week, I finally acquired the CD of her 1970 A&M swansong, Run Wild Run Free. Here's three songs from that, including a novel hoedown-tinged arrangement of 'Everybody's Talkin''; this being Claudine, it's a whispery, dreamy kind of hoedown, of course.

Claudine Longet - Everybody's Talkin'
Claudine Longet - Love Can Never Die
Claudine Longet - Golden Slumbers

No comments: