Monday, September 29, 2008

1000 Violins



Big-voiced, vaguely psychedelic pop from Sheffield. Songwriter/guitarist Colin Gregory went on to mine a similar seam - unwieldy titles, gratuitous Summer of Love references, irresistible choruses - in The Dylans, to slightly lesser effect (to my mind, anyway). Here's three songs from Hey Man, That's Beautiful:

1000 Violins - If I Were a Bullet (Then For Sure I'd Find a Way to Your Heart)
1000 Violins - Locked out of the Love In
1000 Violins - Halcyon Days

...and three more from a German EP compilation, Locked out of the Love-In:

1000 Violins - All We Need is Cash
1000 Violins - I Was Depending on You to be My Jesus
1000 Violins - Lost to the World

2 comments:

Grimnir said...

Hi! Can you Email me 'If I Were A Bullet'? I have been trying to ID this track for YEEEEARS and finally have found it! Yeehaa! Dave.

R said...

Hello,

I've re-uploaded the first three tracks and all the links should be working now!